Thank you to all who attended our annual Shipwreck Conference in February 2023 at the Columbia River Maritime Museum in Astoria. We filled the room and look forward to doing it again in 2024! For reference, you can find the schedule from 2023 below.
Tickets were $20 (available at the door on the day of the event).
12:30 pm Welcome, Intro to MAS – CRMM Staff, Scott Williams
1:00 pm Session 1 – Youngs Bay Archaeological Landscape – Mike Brown
1:45 pm Session 2 – Beeswax Wreck Presentations –
- Drew Wendeborn – “Discovery and Initial Survey”
- Scott Williams – “The Recovery”
- Chris Dewey – “The Underwater Search Continues”
- Nicholas Mead – The Land-based Search for the Beeswax Wreck
3:00 pm Session 3
- Melissa Darby – “A Review of the Evidence: Drake on the Oregon Coast”
- Keynote speaker: John Pouley, OR State Archaeologist “The False Notion of Finders Keepers: Understanding the laws that protect archaeological sites, and why we have them.”
Columbia River Maritime Museum
1792 Marine Drive
Astoria, Oregon 97103