We are excited to announce our annual Shipwreck Conference will be back, in person, at the Columbia River Maritime Museum in Astoria from 12-5 pm on Saturday, February 4, 2023. Stay tuned for more information. Tickets will be $20 and will be available at the door on the day of the event.
12:30 pm Welcome, Intro to MAS – CRMM Staff, Scott Williams
1:00 pm Session 1 – Youngs Bay Archaeological Landscape – Mike Brown
1:45 pm Session 2 – Beeswax Wreck Presentations –
- Drew Wendeborn – “Discovery and Initial Survey”
- Scott Williams – “The Recovery”
- Chris Dewey – “The Underwater Search Continues”
- Nicholas Mead – The Land-based Search for the Beeswax Wreck
3:00 pm Session 3
- Melissa Darby – “A Review of the Evidence: Drake on the Oregon Coast”
- John Pouley, OR State Archaeologist “The False Notion of Finders Keepers: Understanding the laws that protect archaeological sites, and why we have them.”
4:00 pm New Trustee Meeting
5:00 pm Drinking at Buoy!